Ep 16 - Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe
In the sixteenth episode of the Film and Food Podcast Chris shared his quick thoughts on a bunch of great movies and TV Shows, plus launched a new segment where he and other guests hosted an American Cereal Taste Testing Showdown! Make sure you check out that episode in the Podcast tab!
This recipe is inspired by Northern Exposure and the wild berries of Alaska! What a better way to celebrate than by eating this sweet, comforting dessert!
Mixed Berry Cobbler Recipe:
A perfect winter warmer dessert is just as comforting as watching Northern Exposure!
- 2 Granny Smith Apples
- 350gm of frozen mixed berries
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs cornflour
- 1 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1 tbs vanilla essence
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup gf or plain flour
- 2 tbs tapioca flour
- 2 tbs baking powder
- 3 tbs golden caster sugar
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
To Serve: Double Cream
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Dice apples, keeping the skin on, and place into a large oven-proof baking dish. Add cornflour, sugar, lemon zest & juice and mixed berries, stir well. Place covered in the oven for 30 minutes or until the apple is soft.
2. To make the topping first place the almond meal in a medium mixing bowl. Sift over the flours & baking powder before adding the sugar and. pinch of salt. Stir well. Now add the olive oil, vanilla and coconut milk to form a dough ball that should moist and smooth.
3. When the fruit is soft, take the dish out of the oven. Place small oval size pieces of the batter to cover the fruit and bake uncovered for 45 minutes or until the dough pieces are golden-brown.
4. Take out of the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve with double cream and enjoy warm!