Ep 17 - Butter Rice Recipe
In the seventeenth episode of the Film and Food Podcast Chris had his amazing wife Bethany on the show to give their first ever TV and Food Review for the Netflix series Midnight Diner! This was such a great episode so make sure to check that episode out by clicking on the "Podcast" tab!
This is the second recipe we made that is featured in the show Midnight Diner, butter rice - which is the simple dish a food critic returns to that revives old memories in Season 1, episode 5. We hope you enjoy this easy delicious recipe!
Butter Rice Recipe:
Makes 2 bowls
- 1 and a half cups of water
- 3/4 cup of medium or long grain white rice
- soy sauce
- 25gm butter
1. Pour water in a small saucepan and bring to boil. Add a sprinkle of salt.
2. Add rice to the water and simmer for 16 minutes. Once finished remove from heat, then cover with 2 sheets of paper towel folded over and then put the lid on top. Leave for 10 minutes.
3. Seperate the rice equally into two bowls. Place half the butter on top of each bowl. Serve with a few drops of soy sauce and enjoy!