Ep 5 - Quick Bites - 3am Chorizo Sandwich Recipe!
On the fifth episode of the Film and Food Podcast Chris hosted the debut 'Quick Bites' format - a series of quick thoughts on everything Chris has been watching lately plus some film-inspired snack recipes to inspire you at home! This was such a fun new format so make sure to check that episode out by clicking on the "Podcast" tab!
This recipe is inspired by the documentary: Lots of Kids, A Monkey and A Castle and a particular scene where Julita is explaining how she couldn't sleep at night and so had to go and make a chorizo sandwich at 3am.
This is a quick, easy and tasty chorizo sandwich that can be eaten at anytime of day, and is also a great snack to eat while watching this quirky Spanish language documentary!
To watch the documentary on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeT_S1L2dNk
3am Chorizo Sandwich
Recipe Commitment: Easy
An easy snack with a tasty twist!
1 chorizo sausage
1 baguette of your choice
1. Roughly chop onion. Cook for 1-2 minutes in a pan with some olive oil to make the onion start to go soft.
2. Set oven to grill mode at about 200 degrees Celsius. Slice baguette to preferred sandwich size and then in half to get your two slices. Evenly spread butter on both slices.
3. Slice chorizo sausage in half and add to the pan with the onion. After 2 minutes add the egg. Keep watch of the pan - stirring and flipping as the ingredients need it and ensuring all is cooked thoroughly. You can always remove ingredients from the pan if they are ready.
4. About 2-3 minutes before you think the ingredients will be ready, put your bread in the oven under the grill till crispy and golden brown.
5. When all ingredients are ready, arrange your sandwich and enjoy!
Share your cooking!
Let us know how you went and send some photos of your creation to email@example.com or to our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts! Happy Cooking!